Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Whole Universe is Blown....

Many people know my favorite character in all of literature and media is, Batman. Other's know that I am indeed, him. But that's another rant for possibly a different blog. Right now, I'm focusing on the comic book, as Comic Con is coming dangerously close to reality.

There's too much out there to keep up with it all, given a finite amount of money with which to purchase the various Bat-titles. I thought long and hard about that hyphen, BTW. In any case, my recent influx of money, courtesy of other unfortunate randoms, allowed me to catch up.

Or so I thought. Bruce Wayne had a heart attack. He's got a 'new' girlfriend. New Batmobile. Looks cool, but still. Why wasn't I notified? I understand that change is a constant, especially in the DC Universe, however, another epic with my favorite character might be one too many for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm ok with Grant Morrison creating a storyline to tie up all his work on the title, however, don't hit me with the "so and so will never be the same!" mantra, as I've heard it too many times before.

Oh yeah. Jason Todd is apparently still alive, and running around as, get this, Red Robin. Thumbing the proverbial nose at all those that voted for, and thought he was, dead. Maybe I'm the last one to know. However, if you stopped reading about ten years ago, and then picked up the comic again, you might be in for a rude awakening.

So, to review, Batman will never be the same. Good to know.

No comments: