Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Case For @Scobleizer

Image representing Robert Scoble as depicted i...Image via CrunchBaseOver on FriendFeed, there's a conversation wherein @TechCrunch called out @Scobleizer on his social media addiction. To which I say, huh? The numbers that are significant are these: 7 hours a day on Friend Feed, for, a year, more or less.

@TechCrunch states that @Scobleizer's “Addiction” has decreased his blogging time, and everyone that matters, has seen this as a problem. @Scobleizer stated his rebut as it were, somewhere. Points were made by both sides, however, let's do the math, shall we?

Now, I bill my time @ $150/hr minimum 2, when I“m hired as a consultant. @Scobleizer may make more or less than that, so, let's stay with that #. Based on the above, 7x7x52x150= wait for it, a whole lot a money. Or, $382, 200 US, lest you didn't think I had a calculator. There are too many other things that I don't know, and if this goes viral as I suspect it will, someone's going to straighten me out. But I digress....

If the company that he works for pays him less than that, they're getting a great deal. If he makes more than that, He's getting a great deal. Why should we believe anything beyond that? Most of use work eight hours a day, and we make significantly less. @Scobleizer has found a way to work only 7. I want that job!!!



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: