Saturday, August 08, 2009

#NoTwitterThursday

My social networkImage by luc legay via Flickr

Yeah, it's a hashtag. Call out the hashtag mafia. Wait, they don't exist :) Ok, here's the deal:

By now I'm sure most of you if not all of you have heard of the DOS attack on Twitter, and other social networks. Apparently, Russia launched the attack, to silence one guy. Impressive, that one country would enlist all its resources to silence one guy, but that's not what this is about. The two hours plus that Twitter was down, was coincidentally, the two hours that I was planning to tweet. Hence, the aforementioned hashtag.

But that's not what this is about either.

No, I'm here to talk about the fact that the supposed fix that the fine folks at Twitter came up with, is to reset our passwords. Ok, that's fine, but as a result of that, combined possibly with the fact that I take my Twitter email through the 3rd party app/site topify.com, I don't get my password reset, as it doesn't recognize that I've performed the necessary steps. So, thinking quickly, I attempt to reset my password manually, however, Twitter has ground to a slow crawl, as a result of the previously mentioned DOS attack.

I love irony, because it's so ironic. And it looks like I can still tweet, just not from the site itself, or MashDeck, as it doesn't recognize my password. Apparently, any app I authorized with oAuth works fine. So, I'm going to be tweeting less for a few days until this situation clears up, from other sites. Because you should receive this in your public timeline. I'm going to use my free time, to reflect on several things....



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: