Saturday, March 20, 2010

For Those of You That Wish to Tell Me How to Tweet....

Don't. Ok, that was about 499 words shorter than it should be, so, to elaborate, here's a list:

  • I'm not here for the same reason you are
  • No one else is, either
  • Or, put simply, I'm unique, just like everybody else.
So, now that I've created a list for Guy Kawasaki to read, I shall continue.

Most of this material has been covered elsewhere, so, my 3 readers may stop here, and go back to tweeting. The rest of you, stay tuned, and you might get why it's an art, not a science.

Social Media is the great buzzword(s) of the almost completed 1st decade of the 21st Century. Let's drop the social, shall we? It's media. @1938Media, to be exact. As far as I can tell, he's one of the first that figured out that Twitter should be used to broadcast. He's also called it a link farm. Both distinctions are correct, as anyone can see from observance.

I've stated when I first started with Twitter that it's a global chatroom, and I still stand by that distinction, over a year later. The term "on steroids" could be attached, however, that's been so overused as to become cliché, so, I won't do that. I can have a conversation with a million or so of my closest friends, even though psychologists believe that you can only really maintain 150 or so close relationships, on average. Psychiatrists, on the other hand, have a doctorate, and may think something else entirely.

Of course, as of this writing, I only have a little less than 4000 followers, however, I exaggerate for emphasis, which should always be put on the correct syllable. The point my friends, is that the show never ends. It may not be important that I had coffee made this morning to you, however, the fine folks at an unnamed coffee emporium (because they didn't pay me to mention them) might care. A broadcast can turn into a conversation. I'm currently having one with Warren Whitlock. It might be over by now, however, it's on the record. So, the Twitter Record can be considered to be, the Twecord. Quick, someone goto the Urban Dictionary.

When you talk to a journalist via Twitter, ask that your conversation be off the Twecord, and see what they say. Just a humorous aside, for those that get humor, and asides....

To proceed, and as always, you must proceed according to procedures, the fact that I tweet about things that may or may not be of use to you, doesn't truthfully concern me. If you don't like what I tweet, you should know by now how to unfollow me. I'm not using Twitter to win any popularity contests, as Ashton Kutcher has basically already done that. Why am I using Twitter? It's all part of, The Experiment, which I've talked on previously. You are probably not using it for the same reason, and that's ok. No one else is using it for the same reason you are, either.

72 and sunny in Redondo Beach.

Please, Retweet.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: