Friday, March 18, 2011

Sometimes, A Well Timed Heckle is all You've Got

Those that know me, truly know me, in all but The Biblical sense will attest to the following: I've made my living by heckling. In fact, if I were a supervillain, I'd probably be, The Heckler!!! As we know, I'm Batman. Sshhh!!! Don't tell anyone. It's a secret. I read this and had to respond.

Why, you ask? Or maybe you didn't. I don't know. Maybe you haven't even read this far. If you have, three reasons come to mind for a well timed heckle:

  1. To get a laugh
  2. To speed up the proceedings, and finally
  3. editorial commentary

Maybe that last one covers the other two, I don't know. Having performed stand up comedy for most of my life, I can tell you, it's not good when you allow a heckler on a roll. You have to shut them down immediately. Fortunately, as most of you know, I'm able to do that, too. Picking your spots, and using a heckle on an occasional basis, is okay sometimes. You may heckle me by replying, or leaving a comment below. Or a tweet. Unless you see this on Facebook, in which case, you should Like this, really. Like this, like this!!! ;)

 

Posted via email from matchesmalone's posterous

No comments: