Thursday, December 31, 2009

To Tweet, Or Not to Tweet...

The famous Droeshout portrait of William Shake...Image via Wikipedia

That is the question. Whether 'tis nobler to the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune... Oh, wait. Shakespeare said it differently. The result, however, is the same. After going through some outrageous ups and incredible downs this, my first full year of tweeting, I've accomplished some of what I call The Experiment.

I may have posted something similar elsewhere, however, on this the last day of the year 2009, on what many to believe to be the last day of the decade, I figured, why not write something. So, here it is. It might even make sense to those that read it. Or even to those that don't. (Pause for effect.)

Moving on, what will I do in the year to come? I don't know. This has been working moderately well. Write about what I want to write about, which in turn increases my typing speed, if nothing else, although, I have a smattering of followers that may or may not be paying attention, simply because sometimes, the cost it too high.

So, I'm thinking at this point you're saying to yourself, "Self, he's really thinking?" to which I reply, that's for you to decide. Does any of this make sense? If so, you know where the donate button is. If not, there's places to click to actually buy things you might need, as my birthday is coming up shortly. The tenth day of Christmas if you're counting. Or the eleventh if you count differently.

Blogger doesn't give a word count. And Twitter may have destroyed my writing ability. Limiting yourself to 140 characters at a time doesn't seem fair, sometimes. It seems like an arbitrary number, which I've stated in the past. Every once in awhile, I get the feeling that I'm writing the same article over and over, and if I get this feeling, others might too.

I realize now that I don't have a coherent ending to this non story, therefore, I'll leave you with a thought, or three, if you, my three readers have gotten this far....
  1. You can't win.
  2. You can't break even.
  3. And what's worse, you can't even get out of the game.
Depressing. That's right, life's a game. Play the game.

72 and sunny in Redondo Beach.

Happy New Year, everyone!!!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: